Dr Steffen Nguyen-Quang
Steffen is a lawyer in our offices in Düsseldorf and Frankfurt. He advises both national and international companies on all aspects of individual and collective employment law including works council matters and collective agreements. He has a special practice area in advising on outsourcing projects and health management including the management of employees on long-term sickness.
- Recent Work
- advising an automotive supplier regarding the downsizing of their business in Germany including negotiations with IG Metall (trade union) and works councils
- advising an automotive supplier on the implementation of a mass redundancy and negotiation with verd.di
- advising affiliated financial institutions regarding the closure of their joint undertaking in Germany including works council negotiations over a balance of interest and social plan
- advising a social institution on the negotiation of a new collective bargaining agreement
- advising an industrial company on an outsourcing of a business unit.
Steffen studied law at the Universities of Bayreuth and Münster. Before joining Simmons & Simmons he was employed as an assistant at a law firm specialising in banking law. In addition, he worked for an international law firm in Germany and Bangkok, Thailand.
He holds an intermediate diploma in economic sciences and an Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) from a postgraduate masters programme. In 2015 Steffen was awarded the title as specialist lawyer in employment law. His doctoral thesis deals with insider law.
Steffen was admitted as a lawyer in 2011 and joined Simmons & Simmons the same year.