Sophie is a supervising associate in the Information, Communications & Technology (ICT) group. She has assisted in advising on a number of major and business critical outsourcings to the cloud and with the procurement of software, hardware and maintenance services.
She has provided advice to a wide range of technology clients on range of topics, including a number of significant GDPR projects, and previously spent nine months on secondment to the Data Privacy and Digital team at HSBC.
- Recent Work
- advising major financial institution on the procurement of a Salesforce cloud SaaS solution
- advising major technology company on procurement of Workday cloud HR solution
- providing advice and support in relation to engagements with cloud service providers for colocation services to an Asia headquartered major data centre and telecoms service provider
- advising government owned financial institution in relation to GDPR compliance project
- providing advice and support in relation to GDPR compliance healthcheck to an Asia headquartered major data centre and telecoms service provider
- advising a major financial institution on account aggregator technology and terms for the provision of white label software services
- advising VimpelCom on procurement of multijurisdictional SaaS cloud based machine to machine’ platform that enables enterprise customers to manage devices remotely
- managing a remediation project and providing ad hoc advice and support in relation to GDPR to a UK and US based property investment company.
Sophie joined Simmons & Simmons as a trainee in September 2013. During her training contract she did seats in Financial Services, Intellectual Property and Information, Communications and Technology. In her second seat she was seconded to the Downstream UK retail legal team at Shell in London, undertaking a variety of commercial, data protection and advisory work.
She qualified into the Information, Communications and Technology department in September 2015.