Simonetta specialises in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, commercial contracts and all aspects related thereto, with particular focus on the healthcare, energy (mainly nuclear and renewables power) and consumer goods sectors in France, Italy and Africa.
- Recent Work
- assisting a private equity fund and Vitalia HoldCo on the disposal of Vitalia Group to CVC-Vedici. The combined group, now denominated Elsan, is n°2 of the private clinics sector in France
- assisting Ramsay Health Care, on the acquisition (together with its French partner) of a controlling stake in Générale de Santé, France's largest private clinics operator, on the subsequent mandatory public offer and on the merger of Ramsay Santé into Générale de Santé
- assisting Ramsay Santé (formerly Groupe Proclif), on all their M&A transactions in France. Most recent are: acquisition of Medipsy (national footprint), acquisition of Clinique de l'Union and Le Marquisat (Toulouse), acquisition of Clinique Convert (Rhône-Alpes), acquisition of Clinique des Franciscaines (Versailles), acquisition of Clinique de la Muette, etc
- assisting major French electric utility on the proposed creation of a joint venture in relation to the construction of a hydroelectric plant in Africa (Mozambique)
- assisting major French electric utility on the acquisition of Edison, one of the leading electric utilities in Italy, and on the subsequent mandatory public offer in Italy
- assisting Luigi Lavazza SpA and Lavazza France on several M&A transactions in France.
Simonetta Giordano used to be a Counsel in the Corporate & Commercial Contracts practice of a magic circle firm, where she started her career in 2002.
She graduated from the University of Aix-en-Provence, Sciences Po Aix, WIPO-Turin University and University of Rome-La Sapienza.
She speaks French, Italian, English and Spanish.