Sharley is a supervising associate in the Insurance Litigation and Professional Risks Group. She has experience acting for defendants and insurers in professional negligence actions, including brokers’ and solicitors’ negligence cases and also in relation to matters involving construction professionals such as engineers and quantity surveyors. More generally, Sharley has also acted for various large financial services institutions, including retail and investment banks, and asset managers, in relation to a wide range of disputes. She also has experience in contentious aviation matters.
- Recent Work
- advising brokers in relation to alleged performance issues arising out of a large multi-party construction dispute
- advising engineers and insurers in defence of alleged negligent design consultancy services
- acting in relation to valuation claims against surveyors
- advising re-insurance brokers relation to alleged breach of duty regarding material non-disclosure under a D&O policy
- acting on appeal in a dispute involving limitation issues in an actuarial negligence matter: Seton House Group v Mercers  EWHC 4234
- acting on a significant aircraft lease dispute in both the High Court and Court of Appeal: ACG Acquisition XX LLC v Olympic Airlines S.A (in special liquidation)  EWHC 1070 (Comm);  EWCA Civ 369).
Sharley joined Simmons & Simmons LLP as an associate in August 2011, after originally training and working in a large New Zealand law firm. Since her arrival in the UK she has also completed client secondments to the wealth management division of a major investment bank and to a global actuarial and professional advisory services firm.