Sarah is a Managing Associate in the Financial Services group in London. She is an investment funds specialist and her practice includes the establishment, structuring, maintenance and restructuring of both hedge and private funds (liquid and illiquid assets) in a variety of jurisdictions.
Sarah acts for some of the largest and best known managers in the UK and Europe. She also regularly advises asset management clients on the impact of regulatory issues.
Sarah is a member of the core team dedicated to start-up hedge fund work. The team is behind Simmons & Simmons LaunchPlus: US to UK - the firm’s online resource for US-based fund managers launching in the UK.
Sarah is a regular speaker in our Hedge Funds Vista webinar series. Click here for more information.
She is also a member of the firm’s Brexit team. Click here for more information.
- Recent Work
- advising a top five European hedge fund manager on the spin out of the management of its credit funds to a US investment adviser
- advising a London-based commodities manager on the master-feeder reorganisation of its flagship fund and related ERISA hardwiring at master fund level
- advising on the launch and secondary closings of two closed-ended funds investing in renewable energy investments and related JV management arrangements for Resonance Asset Management Limited
- launching a multi-strategy funds platform, including both hedge and private equity strategies, and funds employing a mergers and acquisitions strategy and pursuing structured trade deals for a large hedge fund manager
- acting for a start-up manager launching a Bermudan fund investing in insurance-linked securities
- negotiating side arrangements and related terms of investment for investments by sovereign wealth funds, pension funds and other institutional investors
- acting for asset management firms in relation to their group re-organisations and transfer of operations to Monaco and Jersey
- advising a European manager on the launch of a new sub-fund of a Luxembourg domiciled SICAV and a Chinese manager on the launch of a Luxembourg RAIF
- advising UK, European and US managers on AIFMD, MiFID2, Brexit, GDPR and other regulatory and compliance issues.
Sarah recently spent six months on secondment at a large infrastructure debt manager. In 2015, Sarah spent four months in the Investment Management group at Seward & Kissel LLP in New York, our US strategic alliance partner for asset management matters.
She joined Simmons & Simmons in 2007, has been seconded to an asset management firm in London and has previously worked in the Financial Markets group in the Paris office.