Sara is a supervising associate in the China disputes group. Her practice areas include financial markets litigation and regulatory investigations. Sara also has extensive experience in injunction applications and advising on disputes arising out of employment and personal data issues.
Sara regularly advises clients in the financial institutions sector, having spent six months on secondment at a Swiss private bank handling litigation and regulatory matters, and three months on secondment at a US investment bank handling internal and regulatory investigations.
- Recent Work
- advising various financial institutions in connection with SFC and HKMA investigations into market misconduct, rate manipulation and unlicensed activities
- acting for a former director of a listed company in the SFC’s headline prosecution of the company and its directors in the Market Misconduct Tribunal for disclosing false or misleading information to the public
- advising various clients on injunction applications, including successfully obtaining Mareva injunctions to freeze assets and defending an injunction seeking to restrict an employee’s activities
- advising various clients on personal data and privacy issues in proceedings at the Administrative Appeals Board
- advising a large financial institution on a long-standing employment dispute in the Labour Tribunal
- defending a bank at the High Court against a customer in respect of a misselling claim.
Sara joined Simmons & Simmons as a trainee in 2008. Sara qualified as a solicitor in the China disputes group in 2010 and became supervising associate in 2014.
Sara is a native English and Cantonese speaker, reads and writes Chinese and can speak conversational Putonghua.