Peter advises on all aspects of rescues and re-constructions and has extensive experience in insolvency and corporate re-construction law, both contentious and non-contentious.
He has acted for a broad range of clients, including banks, insolvency practitioners, debtors and creditors. Recently an increased proportion of his work has been for distressed investors reviewing strategic options.
- Recent Work
- advising Bear Stearns UK entities in the period prior to their acquisition by JP Morgan
- advising more than 100 hedge funds in relation to their claims against LBIE, including the successful derived asset and client monies litigation
- acting for the senior lender on the de-listing and restructuring of £50m of convertible loan notes issued by a listed company
- advising HMV over a 2 year period prior to it entering administration and subsequently advising Deloitte as administrators of the Company
- acting for General Healthcare Group over a 3 year period, in its protracted but ultimately successful £2bn+ restructuring. GHG is the landlord of the majority of BMI’s private hospitals
- advising on the acquisition of the Marussia Formula One team.
Peter joined the firm as a partner in 1999 and heads the firm’s European corporate recovery and restructuring practice.
He is a partner in the banking group which forms part of the financial markets department.
Peter is a graduate of Oxford University.