Peter is a supervising associate in the Employment group and is involved in both contentious and non-contentious employment law issues. Peter has worked on Employment Tribunal claims covering claims of unfair dismissal, whistleblowing, sex discrimination, sexual-orientation discrimination, race discrimination and TUPE on behalf of a number of large organisations. He also provides day to day employment law advice encompassing grievance and disciplinary investigations, regulatory queries and multijurisdictional employment projects.
- Recent Work
- successfully defending a trading business against an employment claim relating to unfair dismissal, race discrimination and breach of contract
- successfully defending a Russian bank against claims for sex discrimination and victimisation
- assisting with a number of high value employment claims relating to sex discrimination involving a financial institution
- assisting on the employment law aspects of a major pharmaceutical acquisition
- part time remote secondment to a financial institution to provide in-house legal advice to the firm’s HR team
- recently on secondment to a European financial institution, assisting in the organisation’s implementation of the new Senior Manager and Certification Regimes.
Peter joined Simmons & Simmons in September 2012 as a trainee solicitor and qualified into the employment department in September 2014. As a trainee, Peter spent six months on secondment to a major financial institution.