Patrick is a lawyer admitted to the Paris bar, specialising in real estate law. Patrick has developed significant experience in real estate transactions, including real estate aspects in mergers, acquisitions, fund structuring, financing, securitization and litigation, which includes drafting and negotiating all types of agreements in connection with real estate business, as well as analysis and drafting of memoranda in all areas of real estate law: planning, construction, environment, lease agreements, securities, land registry law, real estate brokers.
In addition to his expertise in real estate, Patrick is also involved in Islamic finance (structuring of property funds, emission of sukuk) and in the field of offshore wind farms.
- Recent Work
- advising Scottish Power Renewables (Iberdrola group) in the tender offer launched by the French government for off shore wind farms
- advising Arcapita in Shari’a compliant fund structuring and related real estate acquisitions
- advising the European Property Fund and the Pan-European Property Fund, both managed by Cordea Savills in their French acquisitions
- advising Point Park Properties (P3), wholly owned by Arcapita Industrial Management, the logistics warehouse investment management subsidiary of Arcapita Bank B.S.C.(c) for the setting up of his French business, launching its French operations, management and related-management work and real estate investment work
- advising Panattoni (Sacramento based developer) in France: setting up of the French structure, acquisition of lands to be built in order to complete development, drafting development agreements (contrat de promotion immobilière), sales before completion (ventes en l’état futur d’achèvement), construction agreements (contractant général, conception-réalisation), project manager agreements (contrats d’assistant à maîtrise d’ouvrage), lease agreements in a future state of completion (baux en l’état futur d’achèvement), litigation, construction litigation.
Patrick Gerry has joined Simmons & Simmons as a partner in February 2012. Prior to joining Simmons & Simmons, Patrick Gerry was a partner at a leading French law firm after beginning his career as an associate in the real estate department of two international law firms.
Patrick holds a Notory Diploma (Paris II), a double degree from the University of Pennsylvania (Certificate in Business and Public Policy at the Wharton Business School and the Law School LLM) and also a Masters in Islamic finance (Paris Dauphine).