Patrick is a partner and solicitor advocate (All Higher Courts) in the dispute resolution group in London. He is a commercial dispute resolution specialist with a particular focus on contentious competition matters, cross-border disputes, civil fraud cases and arbitration. He is also an expert on privilege. Patrick specialises in advising clients in regulated industries including energy, life sciences, TMT and financial institutions.
Patrick is also a member of the firm's crime, fraud & investigations group.
- Recent Work
- acting for claimants and defendants in multi-jurisdictional cartel damages claims
- representing a financial services consultancy in a dispute worth over $100 million arising out of an alleged fraudulent conspiracy; the case involved parallel proceedings in England and the United States
- defending a corporate services provider in a fraudulent conspiracy claim involving worldwide freezing orders, Norwich Pharmacal and other disclosure orders.
- representing a major UK-based bank in defending an application for injunctive relief and substantive proceedings brought by a number of money services providers alleging abuse of a dominant position
- representing CEE parties in a dispute involving applications for preliminary relief (freezing orders and Norwich Pharmacal relief) in England, Scotland and Cyprus, and in civil and criminal proceedings in those and various other European jurisdictions
- acting as co-counsel in a +$1bn LCIA arbitration between CIS parties in a shareholder dispute over ownership and control in a mining conglomerate
- representing CIS parties in proceedings relating to the enforcement of loans and other financial instruments before the English courts
- representing the Cayman managing general partner of a fund in a dispute in several jurisdictions, including England and New South Wales, involving claims for substantial damages, applications for anti-suit injunctions and reported proceedings relating to the scope of legal professional privilege
- representing international parties in a trusts dispute involving proceedings in Asia, Jersey, the Cayman Islands and Liechtenstein
- advising clients in procurement disputes arising from the Public Contracts Regulations.
Patrick has a degree in Classics from Wadham College, Oxford University. He is the author of numerous articles and has spoken at conferences on various topics including cross-jurisdictional cartel damages claims, privilege and international enforcement.
Patrick is a former Judicial Assistant at the Court of Appeal and was for a number of years a visiting lecturer at the London School of Economics, teaching on the International Arbitration module of the LLM.