Ombline Ancelin is a partner in the Paris office at Simmons & Simmons.
Her practice encompasses the full range of competition law, including merger control, anti-competitive practices, distribution and franchising, and also EU general law and consumer law.
She represents clients at both national and international levels, in antitrust investigations and litigation in several sectors including life science, TMT, energy, food and retail.
She works on both advisory and contentious matters, and litigates before the French Competition Authority, the Paris Court of Appeal and Commercial Courts. Moreover, she regularly advises clients on their commercial policies and the drafting of their distributorships in compliance with the French legal framework. She assists clients in delivering compliance trainings to the staff.
Ombline has been acknowledged among the “40 in their 40s Notable Women Competition Professionals in Europe” in 2019 by the platform for women competition professionnals W@Competition.
- Recent Work
- assisting and representing an international leading chemical group in proceedings before the French Competition Authority of anticompetitive exclusivities
- representing independent opticians in a complaint with a request for interim measures before the French Competition Authority against a complementary health insurance network for alleged abuse of dominance
- assisting and representing Plukon Food Group in the merger filing before the French Competition Authority of its acquisition of DUC
- assisting and representing a French leading energy supplier in a dispute brought before the courts by a consumer association against its Terms and Conditions
- regular advice to a leading generics pharmaceutical company on the validity of its commercial practices under competition law
- assisting and representing a leading international food manufacturer in several commercial and competition law disputes brought before the commercial courts
- assisting and representing EDF/Dalkia in the merger filing before the French Competition Authority of its acquisition of Cesbron
- advising an international oil company on the validity of exclusive supply clauses in long-term supply agreements
- assisting and representing a leading American medical device company in a dawnraid inspection by the French Administration for alleged illicit collusion in public tenders.
Ombline Ancelin joined Simmons & Simmons as a partner in June 2013. Prior to joining Simmons & Simmons, Ombline Ancelin had, after qualifying in January 2000 as a lawyer at the Paris Bar, joined the Antitrust, Competition and Economic Regulation practice of Hogan Lovells in February 2001 and became a Counsel of this firm in May 2008.
Ombline holds a Master's Degree in Business and Economic Law (La Sorbonne), and the Cambridge Advanced Certificate in English.