Ombline Ancelin is a partner in the Paris office at Simmons & Simmons.
Her practice encompasses the full range of competition law, including merger control, anti-competitive practices, distribution and franchising, and also EU general law and consumer law.
She represents clients at both national and international levels, in antitrust investigations and litigation in several sectors including life science, TMT, energy, food and retail.
She works on both advisory and contentious matters, and litigates before the French Competition Authority, the Paris Court of Appeal and Commercial Courts. Moreover, she regularly advises clients on their commercial policies and the drafting of their distributorships in compliance with the French legal framework. She assists clients in delivering compliance trainings to the staff.
- Recent Work
- representing one of the world’s largest distributors of technology products before the Commercial Court Paris in proceedings for an alleged prejudice resulting from a refusal of communication of its conditions of sale, regular advice on issues of distribution/commercial law and delivery of compliance training on competition rules
- assisting a leading international firm in business process and document management relating to its distribution and services agreements in the context of the sale of its subsidiary in France
- assisting and representing a leading oil company in antitrust proceedings before the French Competition Authority, the Paris Court of Appeal and the French Supreme Court
- advising a well-known English Investment fund, in its French merger control filing of the acquisition of a supplier of electronics equipment
- advising a leading French company in the banking sector, on several antitrust issues
- assisting a leading maritime company in antitrust proceedings before the French Competition Authorities
- advising a leading French pharmaceutical company on various competition issues including the risks incurred in case of a refusal to supply to other operators
- advising an international beverage manufacturer on competition issues raised by its distribution agreements and delivering competition compliance training to the commercial staff.
Ombline Ancelin joined Simmons & Simmons as a partner in June 2013. Prior to joining Simmons & Simmons, Ombline Ancelin had, after qualifying in January 2000 as a lawyer at the Paris Bar, joined the Antitrust, Competition and Economic Regulation practice of Hogan Lovells in February 2001 and became a Counsel of this firm in May 2008.
Ombline holds a Master's Degree in Business and Economic Law (La Sorbonne), and the Cambridge Advanced Certificate in English.