Olly has significant experience advising on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law including Employment Tribunal and high court claims, day-to-day workplace issues, dismissals and collective redundancies, board level disputes, executive service agreements, family friendly rights, contracts and policies and the employment related aspects of corporate transactions and outsourcings. He has a particular interest in advising on issues which carry a high reputational and/or financial risk, including matters relating to restrictive covenants, confidentiality, investigations, whistleblowing and discrimination.
Olly advises on regulatory matters, including the employment aspects of regulatory investigations, the new regulatory regime for banks, building societies and insurers and on remuneration issues. He also focuses on international employment law issues and often advises on multi-jurisdictional employment matters, including managing and coordinating projects on a cross-border basis.
- Recent Work
- advising a global financial institution on high value and sensitive whistleblowing and discrimination claims
- advising a large insurer on a high value bonus dispute
- advising a global pharmaceuticals company in relation to a cross-border restructuring exercise
- advising an asset manager on sensitive regulatory and remuneration issues
- acting for an global energy sector client on the employment aspects of the disposal of various of its European businesses
- acting for the ex-CEO and ex-CFO of a large education provider in relation to their employment relationship with the company.
Olly qualified as an employment lawyer in 2007 and joined the firm as a Managing Associate in 2015. Prior to joining the firm he was a senior associate at a leading magic circle law firm where he spent time on secondment at a global investment bank.