Nicolas Duboille has over 16 years’ experience in all aspects of legal tax advice with a particular focus in real estate investments funds and commercial real estate, as well as in structured finance, merger and acquisitions and equity compensation.
He represents domestic and foreign corporations involved in mergers and acquisitions, partnerships and joint ventures, financial products, restructurings of financially-troubled corporations, structuring and management of investment funds.
- Recent Work
- advising an investment fund in relation to the creation of a structure for a photovoltaic energy operation
- advising the reorganisation of the tax structures of a French new-technology group in France and the United States
- advising an asset management company in relation to the creation and management of a real estate fund
- advising a real estate asset management firm regarding the acquisition of a group of French real estate companies (fiscal audit, SPA negotiation)
- advising the fiscal structuring of a pan-European real-estate investment fund
- advising an American management firm regarding the preliminary reorganisation, and eventual realisation, of an OPCI transfer
- advising an American investment fund regarding the structuring of the acquisition of a French industrial company.
Prior to joining Simmons & Simmons in 2016, Nicolas was formerly the Head of the Tax Department of another international law firm for 7 years, following experience in several law firms where he developed an expertise in taxation regarding real estate investment funds, and mergers and acquisitions.
He is a graduate of New York University (NYU School of Law, LLM in International Taxation), and of the University Paris II-Assas (DEA Finances Publiques et Fiscalité). Nicolas also studied Tax Policy at Harvard University (Kennedy School of Government, Comparative Tax and Administration Program ‘ComTax’).
Nicolas is a member of the Bars of Paris and New York.
He is member of the NYU Law International Tax Program Practice Council.