Neil is a Managing Associate in the Information, Communications & Technology (ICT) group in London, having previously been based in our Dubai office.
Neil advises clients across the firm’s core sectors on strategically important technology projects. He has particular expertise advising on data protection and privacy issues across emerging markets and internationally. He is an expert contributor to leading online journals on data protection compliance issues and is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/E).
- Recent Work
- advising a major provider of IT hardware and systems on all legal and regulatory aspects of the launch of its products across the Gulf region
- advising Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company, the UAE mobile operator, (du) on a range of commercial and regulatory matters, including as supplier of data centre and managed services for several major customers
- advising a number of leading Middle East financial institutions, including Qatar Islamic Bank, Qatar Development Bank and Reem Finance, on significant technology procurements
- advising EU and non-EU businesses in various sectors on GDPR compliance projects
- advising First Abu Dhabi Bank on the launch of the UAE’s first fully-featured digital wallet
- advising MTN on data protection and data sovereignty issues across its operator network
- advising Houston Methodist, the leading US hospital group and healthcare services provider, on regulatory issues related to the provision of telemedicine services.
Neil trained with Simmons & Simmons and qualified as a solicitor with the ICT group in London in September 2012. He later spent almost four years based in our Dubai office, which included a period of secondment to Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company, the UAE mobile operator, where he supported the client’s Managed Services and Digital business units. Neil has also spent time on secondment at a major UK retail, corporate and investment bank.