Neil specialises in investment funds (both onshore and offshore) with emphasis on open-ended products including UCITS in Ireland, Luxembourg and the UK as well as hedge funds and funds of hedge funds in the Cayman Islands and other offshore jurisdictions.
He also advises extensively on portfolio management agreements and generally on compliance and regulatory issues.
Neil leads navigator: registrations - our cost-effective, reliable and user friendly service to manage and maintain cross border registrations.
- Recent Work
- advising one of the largest global asset management groups on its pan-European management company reorganisation using the EU mergers directive and the passports under UCITS IV and AIFMD
- advising in relation to the establishment of one of the first UK authorised contractual schemes
- advising Natixis Global Asset Management on the establishment of its first UK authorised UCITS and the first UK fund to use a passported UCITS management company (ACD)
- advising JK Investment Management on the redomiciliation of a Cayman Islands master/feeder hedge fund to Ireland as a UCITS umbrella fund
- advising First State, Allianz Global Investors and other institutional asset managers on their UK fund ranges
- advising various hedge fund managers including AQR, Aspect Capital, BlueCrest, Brevan Howard, Jabre Capital, Marshall Wace and Winton Capital on the establishment of UCITS vehicles for their hedge fund strategies in Ireland and Luxembourg.
Neil joined Simmons & Simmons as a partner in 2003 from another City law firm and has practiced as an investment funds lawyer for in excess of 20 years.
Neil is recognised as a leading individual in the current edition of Legal 500 for investment funds and hedge funds and regularly speaks at conferences and contributes articles on related subjects.