Machteld specialises in civil commercial and regulatory law. She is an experienced litigator and regularly represents clients involved in mass product liability claims, commercial disputes, market access and regulatory enforcement disputes. She has a firm background in IP/patent law as well as sector specific expertise with regard to pharmaceutical and medical devices law, food and consumer product, data protection legislation.
She has a focus on clients active in regulated markets and innovative industries, predominantly in the life sciences, consumer goods and services and, food sectors.
- Recent work
- representing an international manufacturer of hip implants with regard to product liability claims
- advising various clients on data protection legislation and EU law implementation
- representing an international pharmaceutical company with regard to a commercial advertising dispute
- advising and representing various large international pharmaceutical companies on SPC requirements
- representing various clients with regard to marketing access approval proceedings, product requirement and regulation, administrative opposition procedures and enforcement.
Machteld read law at the Radboud University in Nijmegen and has practiced since1996. Machteld is a member of the Dutch Pharmaceutical Law Association (Vereniging Farmacie en Recht) and, the Dutch Privacy Law Association (Vereniging Privacy Recht).
Machteld has in-house experience and was previously a senior in-house counsel for an international producer of specialty chemicals Akzo Nobel for three years. She has also fulfilled several in house interim positions.
Machteld is admitted to the Amsterdam Bar.