Luigi Ricci Palopoli
Luigi is a senior associate in the Employment team in the Milan office. He advises Italian and international clients on all aspects of employment law in Italy. He has a particular focus on the insurance, banking, commercial and industrial sectors.
He advises clients on non-contentious matters from advising HR departments on how to manage employment issues as and when they arise, to drafting contracts and key clauses, including non-compete/non-solicitation undertakings. Luigi has also experience in revising bonus plans and variable remuneration policy, in managing individual dismissals, senior management exits as well as in the negotiation of separation agreements.
Luigi also advises on collective redundancies, on the negotiation of collective agreements and provides assistance in negotiations with trade unions. He also assists clients with regard to contentious matters, representing and defending them in court.
In addition, he advises companies on employment law aspects relating to corporate transactions, including M&A, business transfers, restructurings, etc.
Luigi has published several articles and usually comments on court decisions with a number of major Italian publications.
- Recent Work
- advising a leading luxury fashion company in a large restructuring and the resulting collective redundancy exercise aimed at relaunching the brand worldwide
- advising a major insurance group on the harmonisation of benefits and bonus schemes after the merger of two legal entities
- advising a well-known hotel chain in relation to the outsourcing of floor and food & beverages services and the required trade union procedure
- advising a leading investment fund in relation to employment law aspects including issues deriving from the acquisition of a number of domestic companies
- advising a leading multinational TMT company in implementing flexible working policies and the management of annual leave
- advising in relation to an investigation into a senior member of management of a leading national bank for fraud and the management of the dismissal process.
- day to day assistance to a leading fashion and retail company on a number of employment law aspects (disciplinary procedures, employment contracts, flexible employment arrangements and contentious disputes)
- day to day assistance to a leading sport retail company on a number of employment issues with a specific focus on disciplinary aspects.
Luigi graduated in law in October 2005 from the University of Milan and was admitted to the Milan Bar in 2008.
Prior to joining Simmons & Simmons in 2012, he worked with a well-known Italian firm, mainly on contentious cases and advising on restructurings and collective dismissals. Luigi also worked for a major audit company, where he gained experience in immigration procedures, occupational health and safety, Organisational Models pursuant to Legislative Decree 231/2001 and employment law aspects connected with M&A transactions.