Lawrence is a partner in the Information, Communications & Technology (ICT) group in London. He has a particular focus on advising both customers and suppliers (including from regulated sectors) on major technology and outsourcing projects.
Lawrence also has significant experience of advising clients on international data protection and communications law regulatory projects. Lawrence regularly speaks and writes articles on a range of topics, including the EU Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), cloud computing, outsourcing trends and the Financial Conduct Authority’s (FCA’s) rules on outsourcing .
- Recent Work
- advising a range of leading asset managers and clients from other sectors on GDPR compliance projects
- advising a Major International Technology Supplier to the travel industry in relation to a number of IT services agreements with its customers, including a recent strategic transaction with a major hotel chain
- advising a Major Global Outsourcing Supplier on a business process outsourcing agreement with a global bank
- advising a range of UK and US Asset Managers on their regulated outsourcing arrangements (including in respect of cloud services) and on technology arrangements in the context of applications to the FCA
- advising a Shared Services Company then forming part of the Veolia group on a global IT outsourcing to a leading offshore supplier, comprising applications and infrastructure support services and development project services, and on restructuring that outsourcing arrangement in connection with Veolia’s divestment of its regulated UK water businesses.
Lawrence trained at Simmons & Simmons and qualified into the Information, Communications & Technology Group in September 2005. He became a partner in 2017.
He has spent six months on secondment with the UK retail bank legal team at Barclays Bank PLC, and six months on secondment with the Global Merchant Services (now WorldPay), Global Travel Money Services and Commercial Cards legal team at Royal Bank of Scotland PLC.