Lawrence is a partner in the Information, Communications & Technology (ICT) group in London. He has a particular focus on advising both customers and suppliers (including from regulated sectors) on major technology and outsourcing projects.
Lawrence also has significant experience of advising clients on international data protection and communications law regulatory projects. Lawrence regularly speaks and writes articles on a range of topics, including the proposed new EU Data Protection Regulation, cloud computing, outsourcing trends and the Financial Conduct Authority’s rules on outsourcing.
- Recent Work
- advising a Major Investment Bank on a global facilities management outsourcing
- advising a Major Global Outsourcing Supplier on a business process outsourcing agreement with a global bank
- advising Monarch Travel Group on its software development, licensing and support agreement with Codegen and on an associated hosting agreement with SunGard, as well as on other ICT matters
- advising a Major International Technology Supplier to the travel industry in relation to a number of IT services agreements with its customers
- advising a Major Global Hedge Fund on all of its ICT contracting requirements
- advising a Shared Services Company then forming part of the Veolia group on a global IT outsourcing to a leading offshore supplier, comprising applications and infrastructure support services and development project services, and on restructuring that outsourcing arrangement in connection with Veolia’s divestment of its regulated UK water businesses
- advising Transport for London on its agreement with IBM (valued at approximately £500m) and on other projects, including the procurement of systems and services relating to the Western Extension Zone and the Low Emission Zone.
Lawrence trained at Simmons & Simmons and qualified into the Information, Communications & Technology Group in September 2005. He became a partner in 2017.
He has spent six months on secondment with the UK retail bank legal team at Barclays Bank PLC, and six months on secondment with the Global Merchant Services (now WorldPay), Global Travel Money Services and Commercial Cards legal team at Royal Bank of Scotland PLC.