Laurence assists French and international clients on all aspects of French employment law both in contentious and non-contentious matters. This includes namely drafting employment documentation, individual and collective dismissals, collective relationships and negotiations, working time (35-hour law), high-level litigations, employment aspects of restructuring and corporate deals.
- Recent Work
- assisting a global outsourcing provider of services in the implementation in France of a new structure of organisation with complex employment implications, and various employment law issues (international assignment, working time issues, harmonisation of status)
- assisting investment banks in high-level litigation, in the negotiation of settlement agreements with executives and regular day-to-day advice in all the aspects of employment relationships
- advising on a regular basis a major consultants company in various French employment law issues, including in the negotiation of reduction of working time agreements, new employment contracts, harmonisation of status, drafting time saving schemes, etc.
- supporting various clients through the process of restructuring and change management, including the planning and implementation of collective redundancies, changing terms and conditions and negotiation of collective agreements
- assisting a steel company in the closure of one of its factory in France (around 500 employees), namely strategic advice, implementation of a job saving scheme in a complex industrial context.
Laurence is a French-qualified lawyer since 1995, and a partner at Simmons & Simmons Paris since 2006. She is the national practice group head of employment in France.
She holds a Magistère diploma in Internal and European Business Law, a degree in European Legal Studies from Lancaster University and a postgraduate degree in English and North-American Business Law.
She is an active member of the European Women’s Network (EPWN) and ANDRH (National Association of Human Resources Managers) association. She is also member of Avosial (association of French employment lawyers) and EELA (European Employment Lawyers Association). Laurence is also a member of a Women Partners in law firms.
She regularly organises breakfast briefings for clients, at Simmons & Simmons’ offices or in the context of training, but also at clients’ premises or via training organisms (EFE -“Edition Formation Entreprise” trainer since 2004).