Jingyuan is a partner in the firm’s corporate and commercial department and focuses her practice on private equity and venture capital transactions in the telecoms, media and technology (TMT) sector. She works primarily for international and Chinese TMT companies, and strategic and financial investors in the TMT sector. Her work encompasses matters in a broad range of cross-border (strategic and financial) investments, startups’ financing, regulatory compliance (data protection and competition), as well as intellectual property.
Jingyuan is ranked as a Next Generation Lawyer (TMT) by Legal 500 Asia Pacific for 2017. She is recognised in Chambers Asia Pacific 2017 for her “well versed in assisting tech start-ups with early stage investments. ’’ Clients say she “knows the business very well and has a wealth of experience; offers very clear and well thought out advice."
- Recent Work
- advising a number of Chinese TMT high growth companies on their financing from different types of investors
- advising a number of Chinese technology companies on their global corporate and compliance matters, including especially data compliance
- advising DJI on its global business
- advising China Mobile on global roaming services
- advising Warner Brothers on business in China
- advising KPCB on VC investments in Chinese TMT companies
- advising Moody’s on business in China
- advising Norges Bank Investment Management on business in China
- advising Daiwa on business in China
Jingyuan is a PRC qualified lawyer and a practicing solicitor in England and Wales. She has been working in private practice in London, Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen and Hong Kong for over 11 years.
Jingyuan obtained her LLB from Fudan University and LLM with Distinction from London School of Economics (specialised in IT and IP laws). She joined Simmons & Simmons in 2011.