Jingyuan is a TMT partner in the firm’s corporate and commercial department and focuses her practice on private equity and venture capital transactions in the telecoms, media and technology (TMT) sector. She works primarily for international and Chinese TMT companies, and strategic and financial investors in the TMT sector. Her work encompasses matters in a broad range of cross-border (strategic and financial) investments, startups’ financing, regulatory compliance (data protection and competition), as well as intellectual property.
Jingyuan is ranked as a Next Generation Lawyer (TMT) by Legal 500 Asia Pacific for 2017. She is recognised in Chambers Asia Pacific 2017 for her “well versed in assisting tech start-ups with early stage investments. ’’ Clients say she “knows the business very well and has a wealth of experience; offers very clear and well thought out advice."
- Recent Work
- a number of China TMT high growth companies on their financing from different types of investors
- DJI on its international and domestic corporate, commercial and compliance matters
- China Mobile on global commercial matters
- Warner Brothers on matters in China
- KPCB on VC investments in Chinese TMT companies
- Moody’s on matters in China
- Norges Bank Investment Management on matters in China
- Daiwa on matters in China
Jingyuan is a PRC qualified lawyer and a practicing solicitor in England and Wales. She has been working in private practice in London, Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen and Hong Kong for over 11 years.
Jingyuan obtained her LLB from Fudan University and LLM with Distinction from London School of Economics (specialised in IT and IP laws). She joined Simmons & Simmons in 2011.