James is a partner in the Information, Communications and Technology group in London. He advises clients in a variety of industries (particularly financial services, TMT, healthcare and waste) and in the public sector. James’ expertise covers a wide range of technology, outsourcing and communications network/services contracts and ecommerce, data protection and telecoms regulatory compliance.
- Recent Work
- advising MTN on infrastructure sharing projects in Zambia, Rwanda, Ivory Coast and Cameroon - in respect of long term commercial contracts for use and development of passive mobile tower infrastructure
- advising Barclaycard on the outsourcing of contact centre and back office functions in relation to its credit card and payment business, advising Barclays Corporate on the outsourcing of cheque processing services and advising Barclays on the outsourcing to FXCM of the operation of a white labelled retail FX trading platform
- advising Viridor on its Business Transformation Programme, and associated technology procurements
- advising Telefonica on its successful bid to win contracts worth £1.5bn to provide communications services to the UK energy smart metering programme
- advising an Investment Bank on three outsourcing transactions in relation to payment processing and administration services in respect of a loan portfolio and various books of fixed income investment products
- advising Virgin Media on a large range and number of outsourcing projects (call centres, debt recovery, order processing, IT development) and ICT procurements (CPE, network infrastructure, software)
- advising a global accountancy firm on a pan-European €100m outsourcing of VOIP, data, audio and video conferencing requirements.
James trained at Simmons & Simmons from September 1999 and qualified into the information, communications and technology group in September 2001. He became a partner of the firm in 2009. James has spent time on secondment to Virgin Media, Yahoo! and PCCW’s UK subsidiary UK Broadband.