Jack has been involved in a variety of non-contentious and contentious intellectual property matters including commercial transactions, joint venture arrangements, commercial licensing, misappropriation of intellectual property, consumer regulation and on the intellectual property aspects of corporate transactions.
- Recent Work
- advising a global media business on a subscription in a sports-media content provider, including the licensing structure and intellectual property considerations of key proprietary software
- advising a global toy & merchandise manufacturer and distributor on the product licensing implications arising from a restructuring
- advising Arsenal Capital Partners on the intellectual property aspects of the acquisition of Alkon Solutions Ltd, a UK-based rubber business
- advising a number of financial institutions on entitlement and ownership of intellectual property developed by individuals and contracting entities
- advising CBBeauty on merchandising and distribution arrangements in relation to its range of branded fragrances
- advising on a placing and additional offer to raise equity financing for Rex Bionics Plc, an AIM-listed robotic mobility device manufacturer
- assisting on patent revocation proceedings in the Patents Court and Court of Appeal brought against LEO Pharma A/S, in relation to Dovobet®, a topical treatment for psoriasis
- advising on the strategic partnership between AIG Europe and PrimeRevenue to provide a brand new and innovative supply chain finance platform focused on the sub-investment grade market.
Jack has a degree in Law from King’s College London and joined Simmons & Simmons as a trainee in March 2013. Jack qualified in March 2015 and is an associate in the Intellectual Property team.
During his training contract, Jack was seconded to Deutsche Bank where he advised the bank’s business on structured products and associated financial regulation.
Jack has written articles on confidential information, advertising and consumer law for elexica