Ian heads the firm's Asia corporate & commercial practice. He advises on corporate transactions, including public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, investments and reorganisations.
He has particular experience advising financial institutions and asset managers in relation to their corporate and transactional matters including structuring, own account and portfolio M&A, investments, shareholder arrangements and regulatory matters.
- Recent Work
- advising the asset management group at a global investment bank in relation to various minority investments in asset managers and related transactions
- advising CLSA Limited on the acquisition of a 49% stake in, and joint venture with, Enhanced Investment Products Limited, a specialist ETF provider
- advising Center Laboratories and Bioengine Technology on the acquisition of shares in, and mandatory cash takeover offer for, HK listed Ausnutria Dairy Corporation
- advising a Chinese asset manager on the acquisition of a Hong Kong licenced asset management business
- advising a large Hong Kong based fund manager on a profit participation scheme for key employees
- advising a number of asset managers on employee or key manager equity participation schemes
- advising a pension fund on the acquisition of existing limited partnership interests in 8 private equity funds.
Ian heads the Asia Corporate and Commercial practice. He is qualified to practice in Hong Kong and England and Wales and became a partner in 2012.