Ian advises both French and international clients with respect to exchange traded funds, UCITS funds, the establishment of French and offshore hedge funds and French regulatory issues (including the creation of subsidiaries and French branches).
- Recent Work
- Asset Management: obtaining the AMF licences for new investment managers and advising on regulatory and fund-related issues
- Regulatory: advising French and international clients with respect to their regulatory obligations in France (notably advising on regulatory disclosures, long and short disclosure obligations and anti-money laundering filings)
- Regulatory: advising French MIFID, AIFMD and UCITS branches in relation to their regulatory obligations
- Hedge Funds: advising clients in relation to the launch and maintenance of their Cayman and French hedge funds; as well as the establishment of managed accounts and/or "single investor" funds
- ETFs: advising on the listing of a number of ETF issuers on the London Stock Exchange and Euronext (both Paris and Amsterdam) and providing advice with regards to compliance with French regulatory obligations.
Ian is a partner in the firm’s Paris office and is responsible for the French asset management practice. Ian has been with Simmons & Simmons since 2000, prior to moving to Paris, Ian was based in the firm’s London office until 2004. Ian chairs the firm's international ETF practice.