Hatice advises on all aspects of corporate tax, including M&A, corporate, restructuring, structured finance, cross-border and real estate transactions and the UK taxation of non-resident companies. She also advises on the taxation of traditional and alternative investment funds, stamp taxes and VAT. She predominantly advises clients in the asset management and investment funds and financial institutions, sectors.
- Recent Work
- advising over 100 clients, many of them asset managers and banks, in relation to “FATCA”, the UK equivalent regime and the Common Reporting Standard
- advising on the launch of fund with special tax statuses, including a tax elected fund (TEF) and property authorised investment fund (PAIF)
- acting for Chenavari Investment Managers on the establishment of a Luxembourg trading platform to facilitate investment by a hedge fund in European commercial real estate debt and advising on subsequent real estate financing transactions undertaken by the fund
- acting on a number of real estate financing transactions, include for LaSalle, a mezzanine lender, in relation to the refinancing of property portfolio of Access Self Storage, the UK’s third largest self storage operator
- acting for NextEnergy on the structuring and IPO of a new Guernsey fund, NextEnergy Solar Fund Limited, the subsequent fundraising from new and existing shareholders (raising £181m in total) and the purchase of various UK solar projects under a UK holding company structure
- acting for SunEdison, one of the world’s leading solar energy businesses, in relation to the acquisition, development and sale of solar projects in the UK, with a total deal Value of £72m
- advising Veolia Water UK plc on the £1.2bn disposal of its UK regulated water business to Rift Acquisitions
- advising a number of large European and US asset managers on fund restructurings, the UK offshore fund rules, UK investment manager exemption, tax efficient investment structures and other tax issues.
Hatice joined Simmons & Simmons as a trainee in 2003 and qualified into the corporate tax department in 2005. She was promoted to partner in May 2016.
She participates in the Wider Circle of the Alternative Investment Management Association’s Tax Committee and is a member of its FATCA Automatic Exchange of Information working group.
Hatice completed a part-time six month secondment to the Alternative Investment Management Association at the end of June 2011.