Gerard specialises in hedge fund and investment banking litigation and has experience of dealing with a broad range of complex, high value disputes. Gerard is a regular contributor to financial publications addressing the practical implications of important legal developments.
- Recent Work
- acting for CRC Credit Fund Limited, the successful representative of the unsegregated class of client in the recent Lehman Brothers client money litigation, in the High Court, Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court
- acting for a hedge fund appointed as a representative respondent for its class of client money creditor in the first representative directions application issued in the Special Administration of MF Global UK Limited
- advising a global investment bank in relation to complex issues of contractual construction concerning various structured products and derivative contracts
- advising RAB Market Cycles on the first UK court application arising out of the administration of Lehman Brothers and advising a number of hedge funds (UK and US) on the recovery of prime brokerage assets from Lehman
- acting for an international private bank concerning allegations of the misselling of private equity products including breach of mandate and FSA regulation.
Gerard joined Simmons & Simmons in 2007 and qualified in the financial markets litigation department in March 2009 and has spent time on secondment with UBS . Gerard was admitted as a Solicitor Advocate (Higher Courts Civil Proceedings) in 2011.