George is a partner in the Information, Communications and Technology (ICT) group in London. He specialises in all types of general commercial contracts, with a particular focus on outsourcing, IT, infrastructure sharing and telecommunications.
- Recent Work
- advising Telefónica UK (O2) on the landmark 10 year £1.2bn outsourcing of its UK contact centre operations to Capita
- advising MTN on the sale and leaseback of its passive telecommunications infrastructure in Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Rwanda and Zambia to IHS
- advising Barclays Bank on its procurement of media agency services from WPP Group, a deal encompassing the entirety of the Barclays Group’s media agency services worldwide
- advising UK Broadband on its purchase of a number of wireless spectrum access licences from Freedom4, including on its subsequent transitional spectrum-sharing arrangements
- advising Barclaycard on an outsourcing of its call centres to FirstSource in the Philippines
- advising a major international retail bank on a number of different commercial agreements, including cash-in-transit contracts, white-labelled technology platform procurements, and pensions services contracts.
George joined Simmons & Simmons in September 2007 as a trainee solicitor, and qualified into the ICT group in September 2009. He became a partner in 2018.
In 2011 George spent five months on secondment to the Global Commercial Legal team in Barclays Bank in London.