Dr Felix Biedermann
Felix has a long-standing experience in advising on debt capital markets and banking regulatory matters.
Felix assists issuers, financial institutions, asset managers and other businesses operating in the financial services sector in mastering their most complex capital markets activities. His focus is on the establishment and servicing of debt issuance programs, issuances of standalone bonds including convertible or exchangeable bonds and hybrid bonds, restructurings as well as liability management transactions. But also advice around assignable loans (Schuldscheindarlehen), German law registered notes (Namensschuldverschreibungen) and commercial paper is core of Felix’ expertise.
Besides debt capital markets Felix advises on a broad range of complex banking regulatory issues including the establishment of EU branches in Germany and also on M&A in the banking sector.
Felix's recent work includes:
- advising the banks on a Green Schuldschein of a Spanish company
- advising NatWest on the annual update of the €3bn debt issuance programme of Talanx AG,
- advising a development bank in relation to its inaugural Green bond issuance
- advising the issuer in relation to a securities token offering
- advising the investor in relation to a complex mezzanine financing of wind park projects,
- advising the investor in relation to the issuance of a convertible bond.
Felix is very active in the field of new technologies and is one of the two partners who coordinate the firm’s FinTech activities in Germany. He gives regular presentations on Distributed Ledger Technology and its impact on the financial industry.
Felix is fluent in German and English. Prior to joining Simmons & Simmons he worked for another major international law firm.