Elizabeth is a partner within the financial markets litigation group in our international dispute resolution department. Elizabeth specialises in investment banking and retail financial litigation and has experience of dealing with a broad range high value, complex matters for a variety of financial institutions.
- Recent Work
- obtaining a successful decision from the UK High Court for an international bank in the defence of proceedings concerning the validity of a complex derivative entered into with a market counterparty
- advising the private banking division of a global investment bank in respect of a dispute regarding the exercise of discretion in connection with prime brokerage margin requirements
- acting on behalf of an international bank in relation to an aircraft finance dispute (UK High Court)
- advising various clients on claims for declaratory relief in the English courts in respect of ISDA transaction agreements entered into with Italian municipalities and other European public entities
- undertaking an investigation for an asset manager in relation to a series of investments made for clients by an individual portfolio manager.
Elizabeth was educated at the University of Oxford where she read Jurisprudence. Before joining Simmons & Simmons, Elizabeth worked in the litigation department of an international bank in London, dealing with a variety of asset management, private banking and investment banking disputes.