Davide heads the Italian employment practice from our Milan office and advises financial institutions and domestic and international corporations. Davide advises on all aspects of employment law, both contentious and non contentious, including executive terminations, contractual undertakings and bonuses and the employment aspects of corporate transactions (transfers and share sales). Davide is also an expert in industrial relations, including advising on mandatory trade union consultation for collective dismissals (also at national level).
Davide has considerable experience of advising on complex negotiations relating to the dismissal of upper management (including board members) and on individual and collective dismissals in Italy in general.
Davide has a strong focus on training and regularly updates clients on employment law developments happening in Italy. That includes hosting tailored training events for clients in addition to overseeing specific training workshops.
As reported by Chambers Europe, he is especially noted for advising on collective dismissals, litigations and restructuring procedures.
He was awarded “Lawyer of the Year in the Best Practice Top Management category” of Legalcommunity’s Labour Awards 2018.
- Recent Work
- advising a leading global financial services company in relation to a gross misconduct case, involving defending the client before the Supreme Court
- advising a Japanese pharmaceutical company in relation to the dismantling of a business unit and the resulting collective redundancy procedure, including liaising with trade unions in highly sensitive negotiations
- advising a luxury global fashion behemoth and luxury retail company in relation to combating parallel markets, including strategic advice on how to prevent this activity in Italy and on policies to be rolled out globally as part of our assistance
- advising a major Chinese investor and jewellery company in relation to their acquisition of a majority stake in the famous Buccelati family jewellery company, including comprehensive assistance with negotiating and drafting director agreements
- advising a luxury holiday provider in relation to a complex collective redundancy procedure following on from redundancies made the previous year. Our assistance included pre-restructuring strategy and sensitive negotiations with the trade unions.
- advising a leading insurance company on the creation and the implementation of a new Smart Working policy further to recent developments in the law permitting companies to introduce more flexible working arrangements
- advising a worldwide leader in aeronautics, space and related services in relation to strategic advice on the movement and transfer of their personnel between countries for business purposes, including advice on social security and pension implications
- advising a world leader insurance group in relation to a multi-jurisdictional merger and setting up the resulting new company including strategic advice on the harmonisation of all employment contracts and benefits.
Davide was admitted to the Milan Bar in 1998. He joined Simmons & Simmons in 2001 and was made partner in 2010. In 2006 he was seconded to our London office, where he developed close working relationships with the UK legal teams at a number of banking clients, international hoteliers, domestic and multinational companies and organisations. During the secondment Davide also focused on further integrating the Italian employment team's international work with that of the other offices in the Simmons & Simmons network.