Dale is a private funds specialist with more than 18 years’ experience of private equity, hedge and real estate funds. He advises fund managers, boards, banks and entrepreneurs on establishing and operating private funds. Dale also acts for institutional investors and has assisted pension funds and sovereign wealth funds in the deployment of more than US$25bn of capital into funds and managed accounts.
Dale is listed as leading individual for hedge funds in Chambers 2014, which describes him as, "considered, commercial and very good in conflict situations" and rated by Super Lawyers for Financial and Investment Services.
Dale is also a member of the core team dedicated to start-up hedge fund work in London. The team is behind Simmons & Simmons LaunchPlus - the firm’s online resource for start-up hedge fund managers.
- Recent Work
- establishment of an infrastructure fund investing in water treatment plants in China
- advising the board of a Cypriot fund on threatened shareholder litigation
- negotiating seed investments into a direct lending fund and a private equity fund
- acting for a management team on the negotiation of a joint venture to establish a credit manager
- asset sales of various private equity fund management contracts and associated general partners and carried interest schemes.
Dale began his career as a commercial barrister, qualifying in 1995 before spending time in-house at JP Morgan Investment Management and in private practice in London and New York. Dale became a partner in 2005 and joined Simmons in January 2014 to co-head its Private Funds practice.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- London School of Economics and Political Science, LLB, Hons (1992)
- University of London, LLM, Hons (1994)
- Admitted as a Barrister in England and Wales (1995)
- Admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales (2004)