Colin is a dual qualified banking and finance lawyer based in Paris, who has extensive experience in advising financial institutions and corporates on a wide range of finance transactions, including corporate and acquisition finance, bond issues, real estate finance and restructuring. Over the last fifteen years, Colin has acquired a significant reputation acting for senior and mezzanine debt providers in the French mid cap leveraged finance market, as well as acting for sponsors and lenders in the real estate finance market.
- Recent Work
- advising Spie batignolles, a major French construction group, on the financing of build-ups and the refinancing of their general bank indebtedness over a number of years
- advising Crédit Lyonnais as senior debt provider on a series of corporate lending and leveraged finance transactions, including take private LBO financings, for private equity funds including Weinberg Capital and Activa Capital
- advising CM-CIC Private Debt, a French debt fund, as senior bullet tranche debt provider or mezzanine debt provider on a series of leveraged finance transactions for private equity funds including Qualium Investissement and Equistone
- advising Moor Park on behalf of the investors on the senior debt financing of a series of real estate transactions in France
- acting for the Euromezzanine on a warranted bond issue to part finance the acquisition by funds managed by UI Gestion of the Ekkia group in France
- acting for KfW IPEX Bank on the financing of assets for a major full service railcar lessor in Europe.
Colin is a qualified solicitor and a member of the Paris Bar. Colin heads the financial markets group in France.
He first joined Simmons & Simmons Paris office in 1992, becoming a partner in 1995.
For the next nine years Colin headed up the banking and finance practice in the Paris office before joining another international law firm specialising in private equity.
Colin subsequently rejoined Simmons & Simmons Paris office as a partner in 2011.
A Chambers Europe notable practitioner for Banking and Finance in France, peers describe Colin as “commercially aware and a real pleasure to work with” and clients appreciate his creative and pragmatic approach to deals.