Christopher is a lawyer in our Munich office who specialises in advising on IT and related IP and data protection issues. He advises with a focus on complex IT and outsourcing projects, on data and IT security, software development and licensing contracts and M&A transactions in the field of technology.
His clients include German DAX30 telecommunications, IT and insurance companies as well as mid-sized technology companies and start-ups.
- Recent Work
- advising an internationally operating technology and outsourcing provider on complex IT and business process outsourcing projects with German DAX30 companies
- advising a leading international cell phone company on complex telecommunication as well as cloud computing and hosting projects with several German DAX30 companies
- advising a specialty chemicals group on connecting its locations in more than 20 countries by means of what is known as a managed wide area network (WAN)
- advising an international group of companies in relation to the legitimacy of a group-wide data processing system under data protection law, especially in terms of cross-border data transfer
- advising a leading provider of security systems in the field of IT and data security in relation to the acquisition of a software company
- advising a technology company with regard to the introduction of an innovative peer-to-peer technology
- advising internet start-ups on the protection of technical know-how as well as drafting software development contracts and other software licensing agreements
- advising and litigating on behalf of an international software manufacturer in a complex licensing matter.
Christopher studied law at Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich and the Benjamin N Cardozo School of Law, New York City (LL.M. IP). Following his admission as a lawyer in Germany in 2006 and New York in 2007, he worked as an in-house counsel for an international fashion group before joining a German law firm in Munich and later an international law firm in Cologne. Since 2015, Christopher has worked in the Munich office of Simmons & Simmons.
Christopher is a speaker on the subject "Cross-border data transfer between (group) companies“ at the BeckAcademy. Furthermore, he is a speaker at the "Training Course Data Pro-tection and IT Law within a Company”, which FOM hosts together with BeckAkademie once a year. Christopher regularly issues publications on IT and data protection matters.