Over the last fifteen years, Christophe has acquired a wealth of experience in regulations and transactions particularly in the media, telecommunications, IT/internet, data protection and life sciences industries in France, Europe, Middle East and Africa. He regularly advises IT software providers in contractual and litigation matters and has been particularly involved in several communications and ICT reforms in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. He also regularly assists a world leading industrial infrastructure provider to negotiate facilities installation and maintenance contracts with major European business customers as well as international airports.
Christophe regularly writes articles and speaks on matters concerning his areas of practice. He is also a lecturer in charge of the training courses “Telecommunications and Contracts” in the Masters in Law Degree, and “Space Activities and Telecommunications” at the University Paris XI.
- Recent Work
- assistance to a pan-African operator regarding regulatory and licenses issues in Africa
- assistance to an Asian-based operator to implement a network and services in France
- assistance to a UK software provider regarding SaaS contractual issues
- assistance to a North American company regarding data protection issues
- assistance to a European financial institution in a transaction regarding mobile money handling with a North American provider, including licensing aspects
- assistance to a European VoiP services provider
- assistance to a MVNE on regulatory and competitions matters
- advisor to an investor on participation in an M-payment solution platform in Africa
- assistance to a US medical device provider in a litigation against a ministerial decree
- assistance to a service provider relating to regulatory and data protection issues regarding cosmetics
- assistance to a North American operator regarding e-health issues in France
- assistance to a European pharmaceutical company following the enactment of the French Sunshine Act.
He holds two post graduate degrees: in Business Law (DJCE – DESS Juriste d’Affaires); and in Business and Competition law (DEA de droit des affaires) from University of Rennes I. He was also a student at the Paris Bar School (EFB).
He joined the Paris office in February 2013. Prior to joining Simmons & Simmons, he was in charge of the TMT and life sciences practices in the Paris office of a North American law firm.
Christophe is recommended in Legal 500 and ranked as a leading lawyer for telecoms in Chambers Europe editions 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2012 “He has a commercial approach and is proactive” with “a broad international experience and an ability to stay focused, even in very difficult situations”.
“Christophe Fichet of Simmons & Simmons LLP earns respect for his skill and experience in handling telecoms transactions and privatisations in France, Africa and the Middle East”. Chambers Europe (France 2016).
According to Legal 500 2016 (France) “Simmons & Simmons LLP provides a 'very good level of service' and delivers 'pragmatic advice especially adapted to companies'. The team has a very good knowledge of the IT sector. It advises service providers and technology user groups. Data protection topics and digital issues are also addressed. The firm is also 'highly competent' in telecoms related to the African and Middle Eastern markets. It is responsible for carrying out mergers and acquisitions in this sector. Zain and Airtel Africa are customers. At the head of the ICT practice in France, Christophe Fichet is 'truly dedicated to his clients, extremely knowledgeable and familiar with the business culture of English and American companies”.