Chris is a partner in the corporate and commercial group in London and leads the equity capital markets (ECM) team. He has a broad range of experience advising on IPOs, secondary offerings and M&A transactions by listed companies. He regularly advises investment banks, listed companies and hedge funds on the UK Listing Rules, Disclosure Rules and Transparency Rules, the Prospectus Rules and AIM Rules.
- Recent Work
- advising Matomy Media on its London High Growth Segment IPO
- advising J.P. Morgan Cazenove, BofA Merrill Lynch and Goldman Sachs on the BT group plc £12.5bn acquisition of EE and £1.0bn placing
- advising J.P. Morgan Cazenove on a A$855m acquisition of Menulog by Just Eat plc and a £448m placing and open offer
- advising J.P. Morgan Cazenove and Numis on a £340m rights issue and £265m acquisition of MRBL Limited by Kier Group plc
- advising HSBC, Rothschild, Deutsche Bank and Panmure Gordon on the €386m acquisition and €252m rights issue by RPC Group Plc
- advising J.P. Morgan Cazenove and Numis on a £115m placing by The Unite Group plc.
Chris joined Simmons & Simmons as a partner in the corporate and commercial group in 2008. He was previously a partner at another UK law firm and was admitted as a solicitor in 1998. He has also previously spent two years working in the ECM execution team at a leading investment bank.
Chris is named as a leading individual for UK ECM in the 2013 edition of the Legal 500 and has been described in Legal 500 as “really impressive”. Chambers UK 2014 also recognises Chris and says that he “offers extensive expertise advising on cross-border transactions”.
Chris is a contributing author to the City & Financial Publishing publication entitled "Practitioner's Guide to the Financial Services Authority Listing Regime 2014/2015". He sits on the Company Law Committee of the City of London Law Society.