Catherine Weeks is a partner the London Office, specialising in advising clients on the establishment and distribution of open-ended investment funds, particularly UCITS. Catherine advises on a broad range of investment fund matters, including new fund start-ups, analysis of eligibility of investment classes, appointment of service providers and distribution of funds on a global basis.
Catherine leads navigator: registrations - our cost-effective, reliable and user friendly service to manage and maintain cross border registrations. She also manages our specialist KIID production facility.
Catherine is a member of the firm’s Brexit team. Click here for more information.
- Recent Work
- advising clients on changes required as a result of UCITS V, particularly on the implication of changes to the remuneration of staff
- advising a major banking client on changes to its UCITS distribution network
- advising a leading US ETF manager on its EU distribution policy in light of AIFMD
- advising a leading US insurance group on its UCITS distribution strategy in Europe
- undertaking multiple cross-border surveys for clients ensuring distribution matters comply with local rules in each target jurisdiction
- advising on the structuring of investment fund websites to ensure compliance with local regulations
- member of the PRIIPs working group to establish best practice for clients affected by the PRIIPs regulation.
Catherine started her career working in Luxembourg for the legal arm of a large accountancy firm. She trained with a leading Irish law firm, and joined the Simmons & Simmons Financial Services team in 2008.