Calvin specialises in banking & finance, restructuring & insolvency and banking regulatory matters. He has significant experience advising on commodity finance, M&A and leveraged finance, funds finance and project finance in Asia, Africa and Australia. Calvin’s current client roster includes Natixis, Bank of China, OCBC Bank, Gunvor and Anglo American.
- Recent Work
- advised an international bank on the restructuring of an existing Hermes-backed facility for Banglalink, one of the leading mobile phone operators in Bangladesh, to refinance the facility and to replace the Hermes guarantee with cash collateral
- advising Gunvor on its 2015 and 2016 Asian syndicated committed unsecured revolving loan facilities each with a facility size in excess of USD1bn
- advising Natixis and Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited in respect of a borrowing base facility to Puma Energy secured by oil & gas inventory produced by the Napa Napa refinery in Papua New Guinea
- advising Parkway Pantai on its syndicated committed revolving loan facility with a total size of S$1.8bn
- advising Axiata Group on a loan from the International Finance Corporation for its Bangladesh subsidiary, Robi Axiata Limited, for the purpose of upgrading Robi’s 3G network and increasing its coverage and capacity in Bangladesh
- advising Rabobank as agent in respect of a secured pre-export financing facility for Dongying Lufang and Dongying Fangyuan relating to the supply of SHFE registered copper cathodes
- advising NSI Ventures, the venture capital arm of Northstar Private Equity, on a series of its equity and quasi-equity investments into three portfolio companies
- providing financial institutions and service providers in banking regulatory matters such as Basel III/CRR compliance issues, outsourcing and licensing for banking & lending activities.
Calvin is admitted in Singapore, New South Wales and England and Wales.