Augusto specialises in equity capital markets and corporate law.
He has considerable experience in advising Italian and international clients, from financial institutions and issuers through to funds and other industrial clients. Augusto advises clients on M&As (including via public tenders), management and leveraged buyouts, private equity investments, venture capital, IPO, takeover bids, financial instruments and right issuance as well as major transactions involving listed companies.
- Recent Work
- advising Tod’s on the acquisition of the luxury footwear brand “Roger Vivier” and the reinvestment as a capital increase of the proceeds from the sale
- assisting the gaming and betting company Cogetech in relation to a merger with the listed company SNAI entailing a capital increase
- assisting DI.VI. Finanziaria and Diego Della Valle & C. in relation to the voluntary tender offer on RCS MediaGroup
- advising Bomi Italia in relation to the listing on the multilateral trading facility AIM Italy and the offer of convertible bonds
- assisting IKF on the first ever “reverse take-over” on the Italian market
- assisting Banca Popolare di Vicenza as nomad and global coordinator for the listing on AIM Italy and issuance of convertible bonds in Digitouch and Piteco
- assisting Bomi Italia in relation to the first ever issuance of an “incentive bond” aimed at the listing of the company on AIM Italy
- advising financial institutions and companies in relation to the issuance and listing of a number of “mini-bonds” on ExtraMOT Pro.
Augusto joined Simmons & Simmons' Milan office in February 2005. Prior to joining Simmons & Simmons he worked in the corporate department of a leading Italian law firm.
Augusto was admitted to the Italian bar in 2007. During 2010 he was seconded to the capital markets practice of our London office.