Augusto is the Head of ECM practice in the Milan office. He specialises in equity capital markets, M&A and corporate law.
He has considerable experience in advising Italian and international clients, from financial institutions and issuers through to funds and other industrial clients in a range of very innovative transactions. Augusto advises clients on M&A (including via public tenders), management and leveraged buyouts, private equity investments, venture capital, IPOs, takeover bids, financial instruments and right issuances as well as major transactions involving listed companies. Augusto has an in-depth experience across a number of industries including gaming and fashion as well as financial services.
- Recent Work
- advising a leading Italian fashion company on the acquisition of a luxury footwear brand, and the reinvestment as a capital increase of the proceeds from sale using the first ever "voluntary white wash procedure"
- advising a leading gaming concessionaire on a business integration and merger with another leading gaming company
- advising an Italian luxury fashion tycoon's holding company on the voluntary tender offer of a leading Italian newspaper
- advising a leading Italian group active in the biomedical logistic filed in relation to the issuance of the first ever "incentive bond", and its listing on AIM Italia
- advising a founding partner on the incorporation and licence to operate the first SICAF dedicated to private equity investments on small and medium enterprises
- advising a leading Italian company active in the business process outsourcing sector on an acquisition of a line of business concerning transfer agent fund services
- advising the major Italian nominated advisers and sponsors for a number of IPOs and right issues on AIM Italia and the main market including accelerated bookbuilding procedures
- advising financial institutions and companies on the issuance and listing of a number of convertible bonds on AIM Italia and "mini-bonds" on ExtraMOT Pro.
Augusto joined the Milan office of Simmons & Simmons in 2005. He was admitted to the Milan Bar in 2007. In 2010 he was seconded to the equity capital markets practice of our London office.
Prior to joining the firm, Augusto worked in the corporate department of a leading domestic law firm. He has been on the board of directors and held a supervisory board member position at a number of leading Italian companies.
Augusto regularly publishes articles on leading Italian Law Journals and industry publications.