Arthur is head of the firm's UK corporate group in London. He specialises in private equity and transactions for asset managers and financial institutions. He has extensive experience in acting for regulated clients in regulated sectors on domestic and cross border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, commercial agreements, securities offerings and corporate restructurings.
- Recent Work
- acting for a family office on the acquisition (from Kester Capital and others) and the subsequent sale of Chiltern International Group Limited to LabCorp for $1.2bn
- acting for CVC Capital on deal related matters
- advising Veolia Water UK plc on the £1.2bn disposal of its UK regulated water business to Rift Acquisitions, a company formed by the Infracapital and Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Funds and its subsequent sale of a retained interest to Allianz Capital, HICL Infrastructure and DIF
- advising Intertrust Group Holding S.A. on its acquisition of a number of corporate, company secretarial and fiduciary services businesses including Walkers Management Services, Close Bros (Cayman) and Elian Group
- advising AnaCap Financial Partners on the creation of the UK's largest debt purchasing and collections business through the merger of Apex Credit Management with Cabot Financial and the related corporate reorganisation and refinancing of Apex
- advising on private equity style transactions for Augmentum Capital, Arsenal Capital Partners, Blackstone, Charterhouse, Asma Capital, Goldman Sachs Private Equity, Glendower Capital, NIBC, The Myers Business Trust, Select Equity Capital.
Arthur joined Simmons & Simmons as a partner in the private equity group in 2006. He has served as head of the firm's UK corporate practice group. He also has in house experience having been on secondment to Macquarie Capital, Merrill Lynch, Royal & Sun Alliance and IBM.
Arthur has been highly commended in the Financial Times list of innovative lawyers for his work on competitive auction processes in M&A.
Arthur is recommended in the Legal 500 since 2008, PLC Cross Border Private Equity Handbook and Chambers since 2009.
“Highly user-friendly”, “highly responsive and commercial”, “delightful to work with and is a great guy to have on your side when things get difficult” Chambers 2014.
“Respected by both clients and counterparties. Utterly unflappable. Very commercial in his approach" Legal 500, 2013.