Anna is a managing associate in the employment group. She advises clients on a variety of employment law issues, both contentious and non-contentious. On the contentious side, she has significant experience in respect of grievances, managed departures and litigation relating to discrimination, whistle-blowing and unfair dismissal. Anna’s non-contentious experience includes drafting contractual documentation, reviewing and drafting company policies and guidance on policies, drafting of relevant employment provisions in the context of business sales, acquisitions and outsourcings and general day-to-day advice. Anna also advises clients on regulatory matters, including the employment aspects of regulatory investigations, the new regulatory regime for banks, building societies and insurers and on remuneration issues. Anna also works closely with clients on international employment law issues including multi-jurisdictional employment matters, including managing cross-border projects.
- Recent Work
- advising several investment banks on both contentious and non-contentious employment issues, including successful defence of a two week whistle-blowing claim and negotiating settlement of high value discrimination claims
- advising UK bank on whistleblowing claim arising out of regulatory investigation
- advising major global investment bank on high value sex discrimination claim
- advising hedge funds in relation to various employment matters including contracts of employment, executive terminations and redundancies
- advising a number of corporate institutions on a variety of labour law issues including collective redundancy processes, equal pay claims, data subject access requests, policies and conducting training on employment law for HR staff
- advising Telefónica on a major outsourcing transaction
- advising the Ministry of Defence on employment aspects of the DTR outsourcing, sale of the Defence Support Group and other matters
- successfully defending one of the largest hedge funds in a two week breach of contract claim in the High Court and thereafter successfully defending the same hedge fund in the Court of Appeal.
Anna joined Simmons & Simmons in 2003 and qualified into the employment department in 2005.
As a trainee, she spent six months in the firm’s Düsseldorf office, where she worked in the employment department. Since qualification, Anna was seconded for a six month period in 2005/2006 working with the GE Corporate European Labour & Employment Counsel. In 2010, Anna spent six months on secondment at a US investment bank, based in London, during which she provided advice both to the human resources and legal departments and directly to the bank’s various business areas. Anna also spent eight months on secondment in 2014 at a major investment bank, based in London, advising HR, Legal and senior business leaders.