Alix is a supervising associate in the Crime, Fraud & Investigations group in London and specialises in corporate crime, including corruption, fraud and money laundering. She has extensive experience advising on criminal and regulatory investigations, including acting for both individual and corporate defendants under investigation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Serious Fraud Office.
Alix is a Committee Member of the Young Fraud Lawyers Association.
- Recent Work
- reporting to regulatory authorities on the customer due diligence processes of a global bank
- acting for a UK firm and its director in its response to a multijurisdictional corruption investigation
- conducting an independent internal investigation for a global bank in relation to its payment services
- advising a leading securities firm in connection with Financial Conduct Authority enquiries into breaches of confidentiality
- drafting money laundering policies, procedures and training for a multi-national listed hotel and casino company
- advising individuals under criminal investigation by the US Department of Justice and UK Serious Fraud Office on issues of bail, evidence, interviewing and co-operation.
Alix joined Simmons & Simmons in 2016 from the litigation department of a leading international law firm in New York. She holds a LL.M. (Master of Law) degree from Harvard Law School.
Prior to joining Simmons & Simmons, Alix qualified as a barrister and solicitor in New Zealand, where she clerked for Supreme Court Chief Justice Dame Sian Elias and prosecuted criminal offending for the Crown Solicitor and Serious Fraud Office, focusing on fraud and financial crime.