Ajit is a supervising associate in the EU, Competition & Regulatory group. He advises on a broad range of EU and UK competition law issues, including behavioural and merger control matters.
Ajit’s key experience includes providing advice on the competition law issues arising from mergers, acquisitions and structural joint ventures, and also on abuse of dominance issues. He also advises clients on anti-competitive agreements and practices and regulatory issues. Ajit has advised a range of global clients from a variety of sectors, including Energy and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, TMT, Financial Institutions and Consumer.
- Recent Work
- advising Orkla ASA on the merger control aspects of its joint venture with Norsk Hydro, creating the world's leading aluminium solutions provider
- advising an industry participant in relation to a European cartel investigation
- advising Schlumberger Limited on the merger control aspects of its joint venture with Cameron International
- advising a leading technology company on a range of Article 101 TFEU and Article 102 TFEU issues, including the legality of various supply agreements and discount schemes
- advising the UK Government on the European, competition and regulatory aspects of the proposed merger between BAE Systems and EADS N.V. (this deal did not proceed).
Ajit qualified into the Simmons & Simmons European, Competition & Regulatory team in September 2012. He is based in the London office. After studying at Queen Mary College, University of London where he gained a first class law degree, Ajit worked as a research assistant and undertook a review of a doctoral thesis in the field of competition law.