Adam specialises in complex disputes affecting clients in the financial services sector.
Adam’s practice includes handling litigation, regulatory investigations, and internal investigations on behalf of firms and individuals. He acts for a range or clients, but has a particular focus on work for banks, asset managers and wealth managers.
- Recent Work
- PCP Capital Partners LLP v Barclays Bank plc - acting for the defendant to a £720m civil fraud claim
- advising a global investment bank on its defence of a £40m claim in relation to a hedge fund linked derivative product
- acting for a global investment bank on a Part 8 dispute arising out of a complex suite of securitisation documents. Appearing as solicitor advocate at the High Court trial of those proceedings
- acting for various clients in the asset management sector in relation to partnership disputes, potential conflict of interest issues, and an FCA investigation into alleged market abuse
- acting for an investment fund manager in relation to litigation and regulatory issues arising from the suspension of one of its managed funds
- acting for a global investment bank in respect of a regulatory investigation, and subsequent enforcement proceedings, in connection with commodities transactions
- advising a wealth manager on several high value mis-selling claims in relation to AIG investment products, along with a parallel FSA investigation into sales practices regarding the same product
- advising a major UK bank on an FCA investigation into senior management culpability for events affecting the bank during the financial crisis. Acting on associated judicial review proceedings.
Adam joined Simmons & Simmons in 2014, having previously trained and practiced at a leading international law firm.
Adam has been seconded to clients in the financial services sector.
Adam has also worked as a judicial assistant, working directly for judges in the Chancery Division.
Adam has worked in London and Hong Kong.
Solicitor, England & Wales.
Solicitor Advocate, Higher Courts – Civil Proceedings.