Firm Launches 2015/16 Corporate Responsibility Review Highlighting Further Commitment
22 Jun 2016
International law firm Simmons & Simmons has launched its 2015/16 Corporate Responsibility (CR) Review at an exclusive event attended by over 100 clients, guests and colleagues at its London office on Wednesday 22 June 2016.
This year’s CR review showcases the firm’s progress in corporate responsibility, referencing key developments and initiatives, while awarding the contributions made, and specifically outlining the firm’s increase in commitment to social inclusion, pro bono work, diversity & inclusion and environmental sustainability, going forward.
The review documents the extremely positive response to, early impact of and widespread engagement in the firm’s Access to Justice programme, which was launched just last year, and the continued development of the award winning Young Talent Programme.
The event was co-hosted by Joss Saunders, General Counsel & Company Secretary of Oxfam and the firm’s senior partner, Colin Passmore, who congratulated colleagues around the firm who have made a significant contribution to corporate responsibility over the past year.
Mandy Adogla-Popovic, Olivia Tartaletti, Netanya Jackson, Sarina Keung and Philip Holdaway were awarded for their respective contributions to pro bono, environmental sustainability, diversity and social inclusion. Carol Shaw and Jonathan Sharples were also highly commended for their respective contributions to pro bono and social inclusion.
Colin Passmore commented: “It is always very rewarding to see the extraordinary things that so many of my colleagues around our network get involved in as part of our CR programme. We do try hard to involve as much as the firm as possible in implementing and progressing our commitments to CR, so I am very pleased with the year on year increase in the level of engagement and collaboration across a number of initiatives. I am also very pleased by the extent to which some initiatives have become part of our everyday business processes.
It should be acknowledged more often that widening CR participation from many members of the firm often means challenging calls on personal time alongside business demands. And because so much good work goes on under the radar and with no thought of being singled out for recognition, our annual CR review nonetheless provides an opportunity for me as senior partner to share the significant achievements and inspiring undertakings of so many of my colleagues.”
For a copy of the Simmons & Simmons CR Review 2015/16 visit: www.simmons-simmons.com/CR
Notes to editors
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We also focus on the E&I market, in particular through our international projects and construction teams. We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. For all firmwide news and expert commentary, visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. News is also published via the firm’s page on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/simmons-&-simmons
5. Visit our website to access our 2014/15 CR Review in full at: www.simmons-simmons.com/CR
6. For further information, please contact Heather McMaster, Senior Communications & PR Executive on +44 207 825 3962 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or Lauryn Mann, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or email email@example.com