Vereinigte Arabische Emirate
We have offices in Abu Dhabi and Dubai and they opened in 1994 and 2005 respectively. Having had offices in the UAE for over 20 years we have extensive experience across all industries. We believe we are the only international law firm in the Middle East able to provide both local and international legal advice including local law opinions from all of our offices in the region. We provide a comprehensive and integrated service that covers our clients’ requirements throughout the Middle East, wherever their business takes them.
Our Middle East team includes an Arabic speaking partner and five Arabic speaking associates who can assist clients with their Arabic language legal advice.
- advising on the US$200m IPO of Arab International Logistics Company, a UAE public joint stock company, and listing on the Dubai Financial Market. We advised on the due diligence which included 29 jurisdictions as well as the restructuring of the public joint stock company.
- advising the Emirates Integrated Telecommunication Company on its IPO of 20% of its share capital valued at US$658m.
DFM listed entities
- ongoing advice to DFM listed entities in relation to compliance and corporate governance requirements.
DIFC corporate and regulatory advice
- advising a significant number of companies in connection with setting up, expanding and changing operations in Dubai, including advice in relation to obtaining licences to operate in the DIFC.
Dubai Islamic Bank
- advising Dubai Islamic Bank on the structuring of a Pan-European Islamic real estate fund and several acquisitions (including Shariah compliant financing of such acquisitions) by the fund in Germany and France.
Dubai Festival City
- advising the Al Futtaim Group on the leasing of a major mixed use development in Dubai consisting of over 3 million sq. ft of lettable space.
- advising the Roads and Transport Authority on the operation and maintenance contracts for the Dubai Metro.
Emirates International Telecommunications LLC
- advising Emirates International Telecommunications L.L.C. and GO Plc on their EUR93.83m acquisition of a 1% stake in Greek telco ForthNet S.A.
- advising a government client on the deregulation of a major sector in a Middle Eastern country, including drafting the English and Arabic versions of a new law.
International Financial Services Company
- advising a leading international financial services company in proceedings in the DIFC courts.
UAE based investment consortium
- advising in relation to the business acquisition and funding of the Crown Plaza hotel and the Sands Hotel in Dubai.
UAE telecoms sector
- advising the Government of Dubai on the proposed liberalisation of the telecommunications sector in the United Arab Emirates, including advice on market and regulatory structures and third party access rights and preparing a draft telecommunications law.