Our Singapore office opened in May 2013, offering English law advice on international matters. Since then, we have rapidly grown to become one of the largest international law practices in Singapore.
Having obtained the requisite approval from the Singapore Ministry of Law in 2016, we are now providing clients a seamless service offering of both international and Singapore law advice through our Joint Law Venture entity, Simmons & Simmons JWS Pte. Ltd. All Singapore court litigation and related advice is provided through JWS Asia Law Corporation, the constituent Singapore law practice of Simmons & Simmons JWS Pte. Ltd..
Working in integrated teams across our global network, we service clients in the Financial Institutions, Asset Management & Investment Funds and various other key sectors across the South East Asia region and beyond.
We are well known for our expertise in the following core areas:
- Asset Management & Investment Funds: all aspects of fund formation and structuring for all types of funds (for example, hedge funds, private equity funds, venture capital funds, real estate funds, infrastructure funds, retail funds, listed funds and exchange traded funds), managed accounts, licensing and registration, regulatory advisory and compliance, other related regulatory advice (for example, marketing/distribution, share disclosure, AML / CFT, data privacy, banking secrecy, outsourcing, employment), trading documentation (including prime brokerage and derivatives documentation), corporate structuring and transactions and investments in funds and/or fund management entities
- Corporate: a broad range of M&A transactions, complex cross-border transactions, joint ventures and strategic alliances and private equity
- Dispute resolution: litigation strategy, anticorruption, arbitration, energy and commercial and trade-related disputes, compliance and regulatory investigations
- Finance: cross-border and domestic financial and commercial disputes, internal and regulatory investigations, compliance (for example, with anti-corruption, anti-money laundering and financial regulatory laws), litigation strategy, arbitrations including ad hoc and institutional (ICC, SIAC, HKIAC, LCIA, CIETAC), commodities and trade-related disputes, and construction and projects disputes
- Major projects: all aspects of the construction, development, financing, operation and maintenance of projects, fuel supply agreements, concession and offtake contracts (including take or pay) and project disputes in the mining, oil and gas, power, rail, water, ports and transport infrastructure sectors.