Vicky has extensive global experience in managing sensitive people risk matters in the context of broader commercial considerations.
She advises on the full spectrum of people-risk management; largely, but not exclusively, within the financial services, life sciences and TMT sectors. Having developed her practice through both private practice and in-house experience, she is accustomed to handling urgent and sensitive matters, in particular, concerning regulated people and the strategic handling of cross-border considerations.
She regularly handles disputes in the United Kingdom and has handled contentious matters as far afield as Greater China, Japan and Australia.
Vicky was named in The Lawyer’s 2019 Hot 100 list in the Litigators category and was commended, in particular, for her expertise in defending financial services clients in high reputational risk cases. Chambers & Partners UK 2018 describe Vicky as “on the ball and responsive," and "she knows her stuff from a legal perspective but also thinks of the commercial side and is aware of the pressures an organisation might face."
- Recent Work
- advising a large global business on the human resources aspects of its Brexit planning
- defending a large bank in a high value sex discrimination and equal pay claim
- defending a large bank against whistleblowing and disability discrimination claims
- advising a global professional services business on the protection of its business interests in connection with the departure of senior talent across multiple jurisdictions
- advising a client in connection with the investigation of sex harassment allegations
- conducting a sensitive investigation in Japan on behalf of a global pharmaceutical company
- leading a cross-border team on a large and complex global restructuring, including advice on information and consultation obligations and cross-border merger requirements
- advising banks and other financial services firms on the senior Managers and certification regime, including the application of conduct rules in disciplinary matters and implications for regulatory references
Following an earlier time at Simmons & Simmons in London, from 2003-2007, Vicky relocated to Hong Kong, where she led the Asia-Pacific Employment Law Group for Goldman Sachs and was a managing director. She returned to Simmons in London in 2013.
Vicky is an LGBT Ally and Chair of the Simmons & Simmons Straight Allies Network.