Charles' practice focuses on international capital markets transactions and US securities law matters. He has represented many issuers and investment banks in connection with debt and equity issuances and has extensive experience advising non US issuers on compliance with US securities laws generally.
- Recent Work
- advising J.P. Morgan Securities plc as arranger on the JPMorgan Chase & Co. $65bn EMTN program, and on over €7bn of issuance thereunder over the last year
- advising JPMorgan and Royal Bank of Canada on a £385m placing and intermediaries offer by 3i Infrastructure plc, the London listed infrastructure fund
- advising Funding Circle, the UK marketplace business lending platform, and Funding Circle SME Income Fund Limited on the Fund’s London listed £150m IPO
- advising Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan on a £448m placing and open offer by JUST EAT plc in connection with its acquisition of Menulog
- advising JPMorgan and Numis Securities on a £340m rights issue by Kier Group plc, the property, residential, construction and services group, in connection with its acquisition of Mouchel
- advising Marlin Financial Group Limited, the UK purchaser of defaulted consumer debt, on the issuance of £150m high yield senior secured bonds.
Charles joined the Simmons & Simmons London office in 2003 from a major international law firm. He received a J.D. degree cum laude from New York University School of Law and an undergraduate degree magna cum laude from Yale University. He is admitted to the bar of the State of New York and is qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales.