Adrian is a Western Australian qualified lawyer with over 33 years' experience in the energy and infrastructure sector and in project and structured financing. He has worked with national and international energy companies, as both in-house and external counsel. He was General Counsel to Qatar Petroleum.
- Recent Work
- lead for the Facility D IWPP Project in Qatar (awarded PP and PF best Middle East deal for 2016 by IFLR and PFI respectively
- lead for the Government of Kenya: Early Oil Pilot Scheme and crude pipeline project to Lamu Port
- refineries, petrochemical and GTL plants in Qatar, MENA, Africa and Asia
- various PSCs, concession agreements, technical service contracts, drilling services agreements, the unitisation development and decommissioning of offshore oil and gas fields
- the development and expansion of GCC based industrial cities, ports, oil and container terminals
- various LNG projects, including a fully intergrated two-train 7.6 MMTA LNG project, upstream and downstream, including recieving terminals in the UK and EU
- IWPP plants in the GCC
- GCC based international/cross border oil and gas pipeline projects
- heads the firms' Iran initiative
- acted as mediator between a government and its international oil company contractor on a PSC dispute
- assisted several national oil companies in their acquisition of foreign upstream assets.
Adrian holds a Masters degree in Law and Applied Finance. He is a member of the Association of International Pertoleum Negotiators, and lectures on oil and gas and related subjects.
"Adrian Nizzola is a leading authority on oil and gas projects in Qatar, where he advises a number of state entities, and formly practised in-house at Qatar Petroleum" - Chambers Global
Legal 500 descibes him as "clear and concise".