Aaron heads our Tokyo office. He specialises in guiding Japanese businesses through international corporate transactions and global businesses on their Japanese operations.
A fluent Japanese speaker who has lived in Japan for over 10 years, Aaron advises Japanese businesses on all areas of cross-border M&A, including sales, acquisitions and alliances in a variety of sectors, including TMT and Healthcare & Life Sciences.
His experience includes acting on the full range of corporate and commercial documentation, including in connection with share sales, business sales, shareholders’ arrangements and business alliances, transitional services arrangements, supply and distribution agreements and licences of IP.
- Recent Work
- advising Persol (previously called Temp Holdings) on the New Zealand aspects of its acquisition of Programmed for AUD778m
- advising Dentsu on its acquisition of a leading New Zealand sports and entertainment agency which represents top All Blacks players
- advising Secom on international acquisitions
- advising a major listed Japanese logistics company on its majority acquisition of a freight forwarding business
- advising Sealed Air Corporation on the divestment of its Japanese subsidiary Diversey to funds advised by the Carlyle Group for US$377m
- advising on the purchase of all the assets of AIM-quoted Japan Leisure Hotels, the only overseas-traded investor in the Japanese leisure hotels sector, together with the simultaneous acquisition of all of the equity in four Japanese entities holding associated real estate and IP assets
- advising Renown on the disposal of Aquascutum, involving the simultaneous sale of the Aquascutum Asian IP portfolio to Hong Kong conglomerate YGM and sale of the shares to the owners of Jaeger, the retention of a long-term licence in Japan (the world’s largest market for Aquascutum products) and arrangements with the UK government regarding pension liabilities.
Aaron is a partner in the firm’s Corporate & Commercial international practice group. He is also a member of the firm’s TMT and Health & Life Sciences teams.
His work with Japanese companies has been recognised by Legal 500 publication.